Sunday, May 9, 2010

APP 2010 Wrapup

(cross posted to my IAMblog)

Back from Vegas. Being in my own bed again feels better than just about anything (with the possible exception of being in my own bed with Claire beside me). Conference is a mixed blessing; It builds you up emotionally while beating you down physically.

Ultimately it's worth every night ended with the sun already up, every morning starting not to soon afterward. It's worth it to spend time around people you only get to see once a year. Time that's equally spent between industry talk (my "microdermals are the new Ed Hardy shirt" theory seems to be gaining speed) and catching up on all the latest news, gossip, praise and shit talk. (Poacher)

I always say that "body modification has introduced me to the best and the worst people I've ever met" and APP is no exception. At any given corner city wide there's someone who's influenced or annoyed you. Someone who's contributed to the culture-at-large and someone who despite how hard they try to self aggrandize and promote still end up being the in-joke of the week.

Classes during the day, hot tubs all night. sXe kids sitting with people half in the bag on "time travel juice" and we're all having a good time despite ourselves.

Conference is never quite what you expect but in the years that I've attended it's always been a pleasure.

I've already started wishing it was next year.Want to be featured on ToddBlog? Please send your photos and stories to ToddBlog * Please note that although we here at ToddBlog appreciate your support, not all submissions will be posted. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to be featured on ToddBlog? Please send your photos and stories to
ToddBlog * Please note that although we here at ToddBlog appreciate your support, not all submissions will be posted. *